Sunday, January 8, 2012

I prayed for you tonight.

I prayed that someday you'll realize what it is you're looking for, that you'll chase after it, and that it will give you the same sort of fulfillment and overflowing joy a beached whale probably feels when it miraculously finds its way back to the ocean, if whales are even capable of emotions of that capacity.
That someday you'll meet someone who will knock you flat on your back - in the best way possible, of course. That she'll mend all of the broken pieces of your heart, and that you'll let her.
That someday you'll associate the word "Father" with so much more than the absentee who impregnated your mother and sent you thirty colored pencils for Christmas.
That someday you'll be able to see yourself the way He sees you.
That someday, somehow, He'll let you know that someone out there sees you as someone worth fighting for.
I prayed that someday I'll be able to let you rest in His arms instead of my heart.
All of the memories, the feelings, last February - that I'll be able to let all of it go.
And I prayed that all of these somedays will happen very soon.


"Is anyone crying for help? God is listening,
ready to rescue you.
If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there;
if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath."
~ Psalm 34: 17&18

1 comment: