Thursday, January 27, 2011

The (not so) grand switcheroo.

Is it just me, or does it seem like men and women have switched roles completely?
I think men have kind of forgotten how to be strong. Pursuers. Chivalrous.
Everything that comes to my mind when I think of a real man has kind of vanished.

As a result, I've seen women around me - who are already desperate, mind you - go to extreme lengths in order to get noticed by guys who are too lazy to do much about it anyway.
And it makes me sad.

I see it happen all the time. At work, at school, at a random restaurant in which the table full of awkward, giggly teen girls are trying way too hard to get the attention of the semi-attractive waiter.
As I sit back and watch all of this go down, I wonder what in the world caused it and when in the world it happened.

If any of you know me at all, you probably recognize the fact that I am one of the least romantic girls who has ever lived.
I hate dresses. I hate shopping for them and I hate wearing them.
I'm really not a big fan of the whole "let's read poetry and take long walks on the beach" idea.
I'd much rather sit at home with pizza and Mountain Dew and video games.

But I can still appreciate a man who can be a man.
A man with morals and life goals and drive and really great hair.
A man who can be my best friend, but still give me butterflies every time he touches my hand.
A man who's willing to step it up and actually pursue a lady, rather than sit back and wait for her to practically sit at his feet and beg him to give her the time of day.
I'll never be that girl, and I wonder if there's "that guy" out there.
Time will tell :D

No comments:

Post a Comment