He is Risen, indeed!
What a glorious day this is.
I don't see how anyone could go through this day without having their heart burst out of their chest out of pure joy, utter amazement, and gratitude.
To come to the following realizations:
1) People, God's most prized creation, had the selfish audacity to think of ourselves as knowing what's best; and messed up the world - our haven, created lovingly and beautifully and specifically for us by our Creator - pretty badly as a result.
2) Because of our sin, to be with God was physically impossible. Our sin and His holiness were absolutely incapable of coexisting.
3) A holy, righteous, pure, all-powerful God would send His son,
a literal piece of Himself,
to this earth, to save our sinful and selfish selves, all because
He wanted to be with us.
4) Jesus, fully God, and yet fully man, spent 33 years walking amongst us.
Perfect. Blameless. Full of love.
And was then willing to
- Face betrayal by two of His best friends.
- Endure so much angony in prayer that He literally sweated drops of blood.
- Submit to the cruel words and demands of both the Roman government and the Jewish people.
- Bear 39 lashes given to Him by a Roman guard, holding a whip laced with pieces of iron, broken bone, and hooks.
- Carry His own cross through the streets of Jerusalem, the sound of screams and insults piercing His ears.
- Have the weight of every single person's sin come rushing down on His shoulders.
- Suffer the most agonizing death one can imagine - death on His cross.
5) It didn't end with that.
After three days, the King of Kings, Redeemer, Savior of the world defeated death and sin once and for all, by raising from the grave.
6) That same man is now up in heaven, preparing a place for me to come join Him and His Father, to live forever and ever.
Now, that's what I call a love story!
I am undeserving. I am sinful.
He is holy and worthy of all praise.
And yet, He loves me with everything in Him.
What a wonderful God I serve