Friday, March 19, 2010

Growing up.

"Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all. Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grown up things again."

"... Never is an awfully long time."


There's something magical and enticing about the idea of never growing up. Never changing. Always constant.
Unofrtunately, we don't live in Never Never Land.
I believe the only
constant
aspect of the humanity's present state is the fact that it is
constantly changing.
New discoveries are being made every day.
Doctors discovering new diseases, and then discovering how to cure them.
Music and movies. In constant motion.
Two words - Steve Wozniak.

All of these things are all fine and good.
But

I think we sometimes forget the gift that was childhood.
To know that who we are is not defined by what we accomplish.
To rest assured in the fact that we are loved for just who we are. No masks.
The faith to believe in things like fairies and runaway shadows.

I want that faith. I want my eyes to shimmer the way a five-year-old's do when he hears the story of Jesus feeding over 5,000 people with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish.
I want to be in a constant state of wonder at the absolute beauty of the world around me.
I want to know who I am in God and the abilites that He's given me.
I want to be loved and love unconditionally.

Let's go to Never Never Land :)

2 comments:

  1. Typo.
    Pretend there's no "the" before "humanity".
    Mannn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra!
    Wow I feel like this was an entry from my journal or something :)
    I believe right along with you!
    "The things that worry a grown up will never worry a child..."
    Love this post...love you...love NeverLand.

    ReplyDelete