Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Little Things.

Today, I noticed a lot of little things that make me happy.
The way kids say "I wanna hold you" when really, they're asking you to pick them up.
Surprising my friend by visiting her at work, and receiving an extra-large Mountain Dew in the process.
That the car's blinker in front of me was the same as mine for 12 blinks
(I bet I could've worded that sentence so much better...).
That may be a record.

With all the stuff life has been throwing at me lately,
I have taken zip amount of time to sit back and think about all the things I've been blessed with.
All I can focus on is the change. The hurt. The disappointment.
Those are some of my least favorite things.

But I've decided that God's bigger than all of that.
And when I focus on His goodness, and the life He's given me, and the love He showers on me even though I don't even come close to derserving it,
I can see clearly.
His consistency.
His grace.
His unfailing, passionate pursuit of me.

And that's more than enough to make me happy.

1 comment:

  1. YES. i totally relate with the change, the hurt, the disappointment... and focusing on God's greatness! "His unfailing passionate pursuit of me"... such an encouraging thought. :)

    ReplyDelete