Saturday, February 20, 2010

God is SO Good. End of Story.

Exactly one week ago, I was in a car crash.
Hit the guardrail on I-25 going 70 miles per hour.
Seatbelt didn't lock,
airbag didn't deploy til I hit my head on the steering wheel
(So helpful, those airbags...).

And miraculously, the only damage I've obtained is a sicknastyawesome black eye,
some scrapes on my face,
and a minor concussion that should be gone within 2 weeks.

Only that.
When I could have easily died.

That brings me to 2 conclusions:
1) I don't thank God enough for every day I'm alive. Every heartbeat. Every moment that I'm able to cherish.
2) I obviously have some work here on the earth to accomplish still. God isn't done with me yet.

And I think that is a wonderful honor. I don't take it lightly.

So, whenever you're thinking your life sucks, or just isn't fair,
just remember that you're alive for a purpose. And that purpose is to glorify your Savior with every breath, and love others the way He has loved us.
I have to remind myself of that sometimes.

1 comment: